Business Cards and Office 365?
Businesses have been using Microsoft Office for years and many users, if polled, would count themselves as experts
Users in their numbers have already adopted Microsoft’s cloud offering, Office 365, as their main office productivity suite. The same features from previous versions are included, not forgetting the option to include electronic business cards in your emails.
Here’s how to create and share an electronic business card:
Create an Electronic Business Card
- Open Outlook and select Contacts followed by Home. Click on New Contact.
- When the Contact window opens, press Business Card and the Edit Business Card window will open.
- You will be able to enter contact information into the relevant areas under the Fields box.
- If you want to add an image or change the layout of the business card, press the Layout button located in the right side of the screen.
- When you have entered the information, press Ok and the business card will be saved as a .vcf file which is readable by most email clients.
Add an Electronic Business Card to an Email If you have saved a contact’s information as a business card, you can easily attach the card to an email.
- In a message select the Contacts pane and search for the business card you would like to attach. When you find it, click it.
- Select the Home tab, followed by Forward Contact. A drop-down menu will open, select As a Business Card.
- You will see the business card as an attachment in the email.
Add a Business Card as a Signature You can add a business card to your signature in any email.
- When you create an email message click Signature and select Add signature.
- Select the signature you would like to use, if you have one. If not, press anywhere in the white space below Edit signature.
- Click Business Card beside the paragraph alignment buttons in the Edit signature field.
- Select the contact name you use and press Ok. Your contact information will show up at the bottom of the email as a downloadable .vcf file.
If you’re a user of Office 365 and would like to learn more, or would like more information on Office 365 or other products, please give us a call.