Everything You Need to Know About MS Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 has been impressing customers since its debut in 2011. The subscription service is comprised of a number of features that offer a complete solution to its users, from the casual to the professional ones. But how much do you actually know about Office 365? Here is a quick refresher for you:
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a series of subscription-based service Microsoft provides to users under the brand name. Originally aimed at business professionals, Office 365 now comprises something for everyone. It consists of applications for both desktop and mobile platforms, as well as web apps. There is also cloud-storage space in the suite, among other things.
Following services are rolled into various Office 365 plans:
- The entire suite of Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. These applications are available on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Windows phone.
- Outlook is included too as an advance mailing solution to business professionals.
- Various collaborations tools are included to make communication between parties for business easier. Some of them are OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint Online.
- Office 365 also provides cloud-based versions of its software using the SaaS model. Thus, many tools like Skype for Business and SharePoint could be used as web apps on the go.
- Additionally, there is also cloud storage space on OneDrive for storing files in the cloud.
- Taking the emphasis on communication further, an additional 60 minutes on Skype are included every month.
- Office 365 also comes with Office 365 Education services, that consist of applications aimed at meeting educational needs. These include Office Live Workspace, Microsoft SharedView, and Windows Live SkyDrive.
You get what you pay for. You could subscribe to the following plans, either on a monthly or annual basis:
- Office Online: The plan only gives you access to the cloud-hosted versions of software such as Office suite.
- Office 365 Personal: The plan is aimed at a single casual user to meet his daily requirement. It includes Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Outlook, Access, and Excel. Also gives 1TB of OneDrive storage space and monthly 60 Skype minutes.
- Office 365 University: Specifically aimed at students. It contains all the features of Office 365 Personal plan but at a reduced price.
- Office 365 Home: The plan serves as a comprehensive solution to an entire household. It contains the same features as Office 365 Personal plan but can be shared by up to 5 people and 5 devices and tablets.
- Office 365 Business Premium: Aimed at small and medium companies, the plan offers both web and desktop services. It contains Office suite and their online counterparts, along with hosted services like SharePoint, Exchange, and Lync.
Office 365 is a great solution not just for the brand name alone, but for the features it entails. The range of plans ensures that every kind of user is taken care of, while the services and applications fulfill almost every professional need of users. With automatic updates rolling out everyone in a while, Office 365 keep you in pace with the world.