Office 365 Migration Checklist
20 Office 365 Migration Steps to Review
Understanding the Value of Cloud Technology
Cloud Hosting is where business, customers, and technology blend. We would like to help you leverage the value of cloud hosting technology instead of building your own IT infrastructure for complex information technology scenarios, collaboration tools, and business systems.
After performing hundreds of Office 365 migrations, LG Networks can assist you in selecting the cloud hosting solutions that are “right-sized” for your business. Our Office 365 Checklist below will provide many of the items you need to consider when embarking on a cloud migration project or moving between cloud providers. Our Cloud Assessment Report will provide you the “hard data” measuring usage and performance parameters for every device and application.
As always, if you should have any additional questions, please feel free to Contact Us.
Office 365 Migration Strategy – Where are you going?
Your “information architecture” mainly consists of various data assets and applications used to manage those assets in a number of ways. Try to imagine that you have to move all of those data assets and applications from your entire data center to another data center.
That’s what a migration to cloud computing is. Migrating data and applications from your on-premise computing infrastructure to someone else’s data center. Now you have a picture in your mind of how much needs to be done, and all the concerns around storage, performance, networking, security, privacy, and compliance.
What will your information architecture look like when you’ve completed your migration?
You may hear IT experts refer to this process as developing a “technology roadmap” between your current state and your desired future state. Without performing this exercise, you’ll likely create far more business process disruption than desired, resulting in a far more expensive transition.
An Office 365 Migration Checklist, Are You Prepared?
Like any trip from one place to another, you need to start by knowing where you’re coming from, what you’re bringing with you, and where you’re going.
The very first thing on your checklist must be a comprehensive inventory including:
- Who are your users and how are they grouped?
- What applications are used by which users and groups?
- What resources are required by each application to run optimally?
- What data assets must be accessed while using those applications?
- What is the value of each of those assets?
- How are you protecting and securing each data asset currently?
- How many users will access each application from a dedicated desktop computer?
- How many mobile devices inside and outside the facility?
- How many users access each application from a shared, publicly-accessible station?
- What kinds of networks are being used to access information? Which are wired? Which are wireless?
- Which use public wide area wireless networks such as 4G?
- What devices are being used by each user or group? Computers, laptops, smartphones, other?
- What are you bringing with you?
- Each application must be evaluated to determine whether it will be moved to the cloud as it is, modified before movement, or must be kept on local infrastructure?
- Which cloud resource will each application be mapped?
- Have you matched various cloud services offering different functionalities to increase cost savings and performance?
- Where will each data asset be moved?
- What storage capacities will be provisioned to support each?
- How will each data asset be protected and secured while in storage at the selected cloud facility, and during transit between there and elsewhere?
- What devices will each user be accessing which resources? You’ll need to confirm that each device can be properly secured.
Managed Cloud Hosting and Storage Solutions
LG Networks’ Managed Office 365 Hosting and data storage provides the agility and efficiency you expect from a trusted 20-year veteran. You select private, public, or hybrid cloud hosting custom configurations over multiple locations and multiple environments based on your business needs. Managed Cloud Hosting solutions also include Microsoft Azure and AWS platforms.
Does Your Organization Have All The Required Skills to Migrate to the Cloud?
If you’re like most organizations, it’s far more likely that you don’t, and it would be illogical to invest in obtaining the expertise you need.
A far more cost-effective approach is finding an experienced partner, like LG Networks.
Contact Us Now and one of our Certified Office 365 Professionals will call you back shortly and answer any questions you may have.